10.19.2012

google it?

i thought i would end my week and start my weekend with a post about questions. what do you do when you have a question or you're wondering about something? yeah, that's right, you google it. and no i'm not going to put parenthesis around it because we all do it. (but you can imagine me doing air quotes if you wish)

also, when i look through my google history it's pretty reflective of what's been going on in my life...i'll even provide the answers i found in my search, but don't judge me based on my questions, judge me by what an amazing google-r i am..

- Are sulfates really bad for your hair? Yes and no. Sulfates are apparently used to break down the exterior of your hair follicle so water can penetrate your hair (making it wetter) and produce a lather with your shampoo soap. Some good explanations I found are here and here and my favorite explanation from blacknap.org if only i could relate to all the articles on that site...

- How can I clean my dog without giving it a bath?
Pretty much I'm SOL. And the reason why I googled this was...


because my dog huxley loves the dog park and loves to wrestle. Dog park + wrestling = dirty stinky dog. He's also a westie which means he has a slew of skin problems which I don't want to accelerate by giving him a bath twice a week. So, what I do is use the towels I steal from the gym (shame I know..), soak them in a mixture of water and water-less shampoo and basically give him a sponge bath. What a diva.

- Puppy butts
Actually, I lie, I google this about three times a week hoping for new pictures.



- Examples of graphic designer price sheets and quotes
I've been doing some freelance work lately, and I've been researching for some reasonable expectations when it comes to pricing for your work.  Let me tell you, graphic and web designers become a hate-filled community when they think you price too low (which I understand) but I definitely did not want to be clumped in that group as a target.  But still, it made me nervous coming with up figures for clients and future clients. Anyway, get at me if need some design or illustration work!

- Was there ever a ginger president in U.S. History?
Not sure why I wanted to know this except that I like to pick on red-heads, but it's in my search history. And if you want to know the answer, it's "possibly"...they're not really sure since most of them were old or wore wigs, but it's been said that Jefferson might have been a red-head--I think that might have been a ginger who answered this question.

- Where can I find cat loafer knock-offs?
I'm obsessed with these Charlotte Olympia cat flats, but I will not pay over $400 for it. Hell no. So if anyone knows where I can find a good copy-cat pair (pun definitely intended) let me know.

- Is my belly button too high?
I just want to know if I'm not alone, and if it's freakishly high on my torso because my friend Ari has me all self-conscious that it might be...apparently other people think their BB is too high too...wee freaks! ( I mean I think it's pretty normal, but now I'm not sure..)

- Does bisquick smell like semen?
And yes it does. Adam and I just wanted to know if anyone else thought it did too, and yes actually there are multiple forums online that ask the same question. I wonder if there is some way we can all meet in person, I think we would have a lot to talk about.

- What are the lyrics to "Fans" by Kings of Leon
I just oh-so-badly wanted the lyric to be "bop to the rhythm and bop to the beat of the radio." Sadly, it's not, it's "back to the rhythm and back to the beat of the radio."

So, that's my week in a nutshell. My life is so fascinating.




us at the virgin fest two weeks ago. adam looks like a sweet sweet angel dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks beebz.