4.21.2010

concrete fields & a city glow

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
(source: tumblr, ffffound)

NYC trip was an absolute success. I came across several wonderful opportunities, which I would love to share, maybe some other time.  After a full weekend in NY I was inspired through so many ways.  The avenues, the boulevards, a simple crumpled up paper cup lying next to a worn in park bench, I want to soak it all in.  The city is incredibly raw, but there is an unique soft and beautiful way the smoke and light surrounds the buildings that I see it originate from a source very organic.  I definitely feel at home.  These pictures above remind me of all these things.  In terms of style and fashion, confidence, pops of color, shades of gray, soft billowy textures, matched with hardware, and vulgarity--this is the city.

I am in need of some cheap furniture, so if you know of anyone (or is wanting to sell) basic furnishings let me know.  I wish you all the best week, love ya'll. Peace & Brains.


19 comments:

  1. your week in New York sounds incredibly. I love all the history in the city, it makes everything feel alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a relaxing trip. Can't wait til August comes around so I can head over there! I love that city. I've been there once, but the experience was incredible

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyyyuh! sounds wonderful---tell me all of your dreams for living in the city. lerv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. at the risk of the cliche kicking in.. i do love NY!!! love these pics.. the first one especially. What an exciting new adventure..

    ReplyDelete
  5. looove the picures!


    i'm following you :)
    feel free to follow my blog!

    ciaraspeaceloveandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so amazing! I'm glad you had such a beautiful time, well who wouldn't in a beautiful city (: I really want to go!


    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING inspiration
    love your blog, keep it up!
    thanks for sharing!
    and thanks so much for your sweet comments!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the 2nd pics.
    Beautiful sunshine...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand what you mean about NYC. I've been there a few times and the city is pretty raw but I love looking at what other women wear bc it's such a fashionable city. I actually have a few mates living there too.

    If you are looking for cheap furniture... maybe try secondhand... like look on Ebay or Craigslist. Usually with furniture they only do pick up bc it's hard to ship and last time I looked there was a lot of people in NYC listing their furniture and some looked very cool. Hope I helped.

    P.S. I'm probably going to stop by NYC in the coming months so if you live there maybe we can go shopping :)

    Mon Mode Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds amazing!
    And third photo made me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is so cool! twins indeed they are :D did you get a nikon d3000?


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos!

    Love Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely photos!


    xx
    cayliek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow 70`s is so working for me, cool. Love these pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous collection of photos! Those tights are sweet!! But my favorite picture... the last one, of course!

    Happy Weekend Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool :) i like it.


    http://mathilde-tran.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks beebz.